This is the perfect recipe for the cold-hearted among us:pumpkin spice latte. It gives you energy and warms you up nicely. Exactly what you can use in this day and age!
For 2 people
- 50 g pumpkin cubes
- 400 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 el maple syrup
- 1 cup strong espresso
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of black pepper.
Additionally needed:immersion blender and blender
Read also: '9 reasons to eat pumpkin seeds'
- Boil the pumpkin cubes in a pan of water for about 10-12 minutes. Puree
them with an immersion blender.
- Put the almond milk, pumpkin puree and maple syrup in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until almost boiling. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the mixture into the blender.
- Add the coffee, the pith of the vanilla pod and the spices and mix well (this will
make your latte extra creamy!).
- Divide the pumpkin spice latte between two glasses and garnish with some whipped almond milk and a pinch of cinnamon.
Would you like more tips on how to eat or drink warm? The December issue of Santé, which is now in the shops, contains a lot of tips from page 26!
Text:Annemiek de Gier