Need to soften butter to make a pastry?
The problem is that as we keep the butter in the fridge, it is very hard!
And if you forgot to take it out in advance, you'll have to wait a long time...
Luckily, here's the trick to softening butter quickly.
The trick is to place it in parchment paper and roll the rolling pin over it:
1. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the work surface.
2. Put the piece of butter on it and fold the sheet over to cover the butter.
3. Roll the rolling pin over the parchment paper until the butter is about 1/2 cm thick.
There you go, you've softened your butter quickly :-)
Your softened butter is now ready to be used to prepare your pastry.
If you don't have parchment paper, there are other tricks to soften your butter quickly:
- Cut the butter into small pieces and place them in a bowl. Then put the bowl in a bowl with a bottom of hot water.
- Put the piece of butter in a bowl and put it in the microwave for a few moments, then as soon as it starts to be a little soft, mash it with a fork. Don't leave the butter too long or it will melt.